Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sibilla



I have always been "just ok" with card readings. I have dozens of Tarot Decks, and have been rotating between them for over 20 years. I am very good with spiritual issues, but have not impressed myself with predicting events and practical matters. I am good at scrying for future events. I am good at questioning spirits. I am even decent at Dowsing Rods. But cards, or any type of sortilege outside of Urim and Thummim readings, just dont give me the accuracy I have been looking for.

Until now.

A couple months ago, I picked up a Sibilla Deck at a yard sale in Ocean City. Almost immediately I began to give really exact readings that have for the most part all come to pass. A couple weeks ago when i was doing some speed readings at The Cauldon in Pt Pleasant, I was so hot that even Sandra, an old time Strega from Italy, asked for a reading. She never lets anyone read for her. Even her daughters.

For those that don't know, Sibilla decks, like the Minor Arcana of the Tarot, grew out playing cards. In the mid-1800's specialty decks with images on them started gaining popularity in France and Italy. Often a tiny image of the playing card would be in the corner of the deck. Very often there are only 36 cards in these decks as they use the Lenormand system of reading. My deck has all 52.

The most popular deck of this syle in the states has been the Gypsy Witch cards, which you see a lot during halloween as they have an orange and black design on the back. This deck is a broken Sibilla. It's symbolism has been deliberately tampered with to give bad readings, so that the reader can than offer to "lift the dark curse"... for a fee. There's nothing wrong with following up readings with offers of magickal help of course. Thats how it works in most traditional cultures, but the reading should be legitimate.

As long as you stay away from the Gypsy Witch deck, I can't think of a better tool than a Sibilla to give exceedingly practical readings.

No comments: