Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Power of Christ Compels You!

I wanted to bring some attention to a post made by Balthazar today. It is extremely well written, and oh so true.

It is great to work with the Saints, and great to work with Mary, but if you are going that far and still hesitant about jumping with Jesus, than perhaps its time you gave him a spin. I was one of those people that Balthazar talks about, able to relate to the extraneous saints and such but not to Jesus himself because of all the baggage. Still though, something was pushing me forward. As early as Jan 2001 I was having visions of Jesus here and there when I meditated. With some work I began to relate to the Logos and the Gnostic Christ, but still had an issue with "Jesus". It was only through the several years of work with Tau Nemesius that I have been able to really work with Jesus, but man, when I do there is always a ton of juice.

You can attribute this to the Power of Christ as a Christian would. You can attribute this to the power of belief generated by over half the people on the planet. You can attribute it to my own deep psyche. Maybe it is all three, but if you want somnething done, even if you use another Saint for intercession, don't skimp on the Jesus!

When I finish the Strategic Sorcery course I am planning on offering a short course dedicated to specifically Christian Magic, and eventually want to gather a circle of Christian Mages tentatively named "The Circle of Cyprian"  to do charitable magic.

That is all in the future though. For right now let me share with you my favorite all purpose short Christian incantation for spellwork. It can be used in conjunction with a larger spell or spoken alone. Its called the


"Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart".


O Lord Jesus Christ,
To your most Sacred Heart,
I confide this/these intention:

(mention your intention )

Only look upon me, And then do
What your Sacred Heart inspires.

Let your Sacred Heart decide
I count on it, I trust in it
I throw myself on Your mercy,
Lord Jesus!
You will not fail me.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
I trust in You.
Sacred Heart of Jesus,
I believe in Your love for me.
Sacred Heart of Jesus,
Your Kingdom come.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus,
I have asked you for many favors,
But I earnestly implore this one.
Take it.

Place it in Your open, broken Heart;
And, when the Eternal Father looks upon It,
Covered with Your Precious Blood,
He will not refuse it.

It will be no longer my prayer,
But Yours, O Jesus.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus,
I place all my trust in You.

Let me not be disappointed.

Amen.



21 comments:

Balthazar said...

Thanks for the kind words! Circle of St. Cyprian... brilliant! Where do I sign up?

Devi Spring said...

Ooo! I'm also extremely excited about the upcoming course in Christian magic AND the Circle of St. Cyprian. Keep us in the loop!

She Who Works Her Will said...

I was hesitant about working with Jesus as well, but I soon found that when it came to doing healing work, who better to call upon than the "Divine Physician".

kmj said...

Both Balthazar's and your post is fabulous. Love the idea of a Christian magic group.

Unknown said...

I love the orthodox picture of Jesus.

Monsignor Scott Rassbach said...

Yes, keep me in the loop for the Circle of St. Cyprian. I'd be interested in that and a Christian Magic Course.

Matt said...

Hmmmm.... I suppose I fall into that category of persons who gets great results with the saints but can't connect with Jesus at all. I keep an active altar to Saint Christopher and have gotten great results doing workings with Mary Magdalene but my invocations to Jesus have amounted to a big nothing. Old age prayers, New Age cosmic Jesus crystal workings (don't laugh, er, much) - nothing.

Go figure.

ConjureMan Ali said...

Love it! It's topics like these that seem sorely neglected in the occult and metaphysical community.

I can't wait for the course.

While I don't actually label myself as "Christian," I call on Jesus regularly and love the relationship I have with Him.

Deborah Castellano said...

For me, once I left Catholicism behind, I left the big JC respectfully behind as well. I can connect with Mary still. Not so much with St. Expdite. Maybe other female saints?

I respect those who can blend the two more completely, I just can't.

Jason Miller, said...

Miss Sugar,

Its one of those things where because the blockage about it, there may (big may) be a lot of power for you in terms of both psycho/spiritual attainment and access to magical power.

BUT

That could be said of lots of things. I know I have more than a few of those where I have just decided: "too much effort for this incarnation. Maybe next time."

In other words, If you felt challenged by it, that might be reason to work through it. If not, than probably not worth the investment. There are 84,000 other ways out there - can't do them all.

Deborah Castellano said...

I know what you mean. :) I don't feel particularly challenged by it, just sort of neutral if that makes sense. Onto the next 83,999 ways!

Kenaz Filan said...

I would definitely be interested in the Circle of St. Cyprian. I'm a lapsed Roman Catholic who seriously considered taking Holy Orders for several years. Many of the philosophers and writers who most influenced my spiritual and magical practices were Catholic (Thomas Merton, G.K. Chesterton, Sts. Ignatius Loyola and John of the Cross) while others (C.S. Lewis, Kierkegaard) were devout Christians.

rognuald said...

Jason, I think you will find many fine candidates for your Circle of St. Cyprian.

Rose Weaver said...

Having been busy, I just read this post and find it very interesting.

I understand many have a "block" of some kind revolving around working with Jesus, for whatever reason. For some reason, I don't. I first encountered him around 2000 within a dream; he stood in the center of a circle of four Native Americans, all of whom seemed spiritually important in their own right, and all wore traditional costumes of a much earlier age, each one a different color which corresponded to the various directions of a Medicine Wheel. I found the juxtaposition of Jesus with Native Americans interesting and still don't fully understand the meaning, but the point is, in my opinion, regardless of his Christian ties, I do believe he existed.

He was a prophet, a teacher, a very wise man in his own right. I suppose it is for that reason I have no issue working with him anymore than I do working with many Christian Saints, various Pagan Gods/Goddesses, and Native American techniques, mixed with a bit of Chaos tossed in.

He's quite helpful!

Anonymous said...

Wow everybody is everybody havin' "Jesus Mojo Fever"! Funny sounds like a title for a Blues Gospel! Get a Amen! hehe! :D

- Stephen, a Recovering Ex-Christian :D

Anonymous said...

Circle of St. Cyprian.. hmm... Sounds like Templar-ish, Arthurian Secret Society of Mages! Very Iconic! Cool! Oh wait... don't forget your Magically Charged Swords! :D

Amy Wolfing said...

Jason - I would love to take this course! I look forward to it!

Käthi said...

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!I´m speechless

Jason Miller, said...

@Kathi; Why?

Dorothy Kernaghan-Baez said...

I have always related well with Jesus. He has always been real to me, I never had doubts about Him, even when I was doubting everything else!

Thanks for writing this.

Mister M said...

I'm hoping the idea of a christian magic course didn't get shoved to the back of the to do list.