Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello Jason, What are the contributions Nuns have made to Tibetan tradition? Do they have their own lineages? Have you heard their perspective on the work? In the Western Catholic church, the sisters in convents are heirs to rich mystical experience-AIT

To tell you the truth, I don't know.

I know a lot of the contributions that Female Yoginis have made to the Tantric tradition, but to be honest Ani's (nuns) get the shaft a bit in Tibetan Buddhism. Much more so than in Catholicism. Since I am not particularly interested in monasticism to begin with, I never investigated Nuns specifically.
My good friend Andre runs a charity to support the power place called Muktinath and the Nuns that live and practice there. I will ask next time we talk.

At the moment I am taking no new questions.