Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Book Games


Lets play more book games fellow bloggers. 

We went through your recommendations for others, this time I want to know the next five books you have lined up to read. Doesn't matter what kind of books they are. 

1. For The Win by Corey Doctorow
2. Stumbling Upon Happiness by Dan Gilbert
3. The Reality of Being, the Fourth Way of Gurjieff by Jeanne DeSalzmann
4. The Magicians, a Novel by Lev Grossman
5. The Maximon Diety, Indiginous Santeria in Guatamala by Hector Gaitan Alfaro and Otto Chicas Rendon

I wont read them in that order necessarily. I am starting both For the Win and Stumbling Upon Happiness today. I will read both Reality of Being and The Magicians in VT at the end of the month. I will probably read The Maximon Diety during bathroom breaks over the next week as its a very short chapbook that I picked up at Originals. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My list of five books would be:

1. The Sorcerer's Secrets, by Jason Miller
2. The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep, by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
3. Occult Experiments in the Home, by Duncan Barford
4. Entering the Heart of the Sun & Moon, by Ngakpa Chögyam and Khandro Dechen
5. Heartdrops of the Dharmakaya, by Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen commentary by Lopon Tenzin Namdak

- Fractal Based Life Form

faoladh said...

These are my current plans for my next reads, subject to change without notice:

1: Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson

2: Postmodern Magic by Patrick Dunn

3: Shamans, Sorcerers, and Saints by Brian Hayden

4: The Walking Drum by Louis L'Amour

5: Irish Sagas edited by Myles Dillon (misleading title, as it is actually a collection of essays about several Irish sagas, not the sagas themselves)

Deborah Castellano said...

1. The Sorcerer's Secrets, by Jason Miller

2. 4HWW (still slogging through)

3. TF's archnemesis's book! Brazen Careerist

4. The Luxe

5. GossipGirl: I Will Always Love You

The last two are purely for research purposes of course.