Thursday, June 24, 2010

PICATRIX

Ok people. This is ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT

Chris Warnock and John Michael Greer have finished translating the Picatrix. The entire thing.

Go here for more information

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/picatrix.html

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/astrologyandmagicbooks.html#completepicatrix

Have I read the Picatrix? No. I have been waiting for this. I have actually been waiting for this ever since I saw the book mentioned in "Mastering Witchcraft" when I was 15. This is one of the, if not the, major roots of the Grimoire tradition.

2 comments:

Mr. J. said...

This is me, squirreling away money to afford it. I've been waiting for their translation for a long while. I honestly didn't know if it was going to get done or not.

With CW and JMG doing a magical translation project it's going to be great. I have no doubts. I don't think JMG has put out even a mediocre book yet, let alone a bad one, and I think both boys really put a lot of blood and sweat into this.

So yeah.. squirrel squirrel squirrel.

Al said...

Jow, I think his monsters book was pretty mediocre.

As to this Picatrix, as over $100 for a hardcover, it is a bit rich for my blood at this point.

I have the edition that Ouroboros put out in two volumes a few years ago.