Friday, June 18, 2010

what does Inominandum mean and where does it come from?

Inominandum means "he who cannot be named". I was given the name by a spirit in the 27th Athyr. It fits my attitude towards magic - the moment you and your work can be completely described by an "ism" or a label like "Buddhist" or "Chaos" or "Hermetic" you are setting yourself up for a huge obstacle to hurtle later in your practice. As Krishnamurti wisely said "Truth is a pathless land" and the last thing that must be given up before crossing to the other side of the abyss is the very boat that took you accross.

I leaned later that a variant of the name, Magnum Innominandum appears in a Lovecraft story called "Dreams and Fancies" which I still have not read.

I am told that the term was used as a bit of an insult in Roman times, indicating a shiftless person or someone not from a good family.

Ask me anything

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for the explanation

jerryfirefly said...

I love your attitude, that was cool & very justified I guess if you didn't want the police involved.
Jason, I need some advice, hoping you could help me. for the last 2 1/2 years I've been tourched by something, I bought both your books, Protection, plus the Sorcerer, &I like them , but I'm green on the subject. This problem is very painful physically & mentality. I don't know how to handle it, The first time I felt something, then real quick I saw a.clear substance wavy like. the other 2 times was @ night & it was an outline of something, if I need your lessons I'll be more than happy to take them, but the pain is getting to severe & I need help & advice on what to do.will you Please send me a response? Oh! sometimes it keeps me from receiving my emails on my Kindle Fire HD. Thank You- Mrs. Jerry Homer @ jerryfirefly5@gmail.com